Mission: Grassroots Engagement in Legislative Processes
- Recruit dedicated grassroots leaders who feel passionate about issues and are interested in active participation.
- Develop and conduct training sessions to make grassroots leaders proficient in:
+ How to conduct oneself and testify at legislative hearings
+ How to read, analyze, draft, and amend legislation
+ How to write position papers, talking points and letters to the editor
+ How to use Social Media to promote “awareness” of legislative issues
- Create lists of legislators who should be contacted for various issues.
- Train grassroots leaders to utilize Nevada's Legislative Website (NELIS) to identify, comment on, and track bills.
- Develop a database of grassroots leaders for rapid responses.
- Train grassroots leaders to become proficient in using NELIS.